Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Department: Finance and Administration
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
Perform full cycle accounting activities including Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Fixed Asset, Account reconciliations, and Monthly closing. May handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform full cycle accounting tasks, including reconciling GL account by working full cycle of payable process in two systems
- Responsible for general ledger account reconciliations, balance sheet and general ledger journal entries and assist monthly closing and reporting
- Create and / or update accounting schedules
- Fixed Asset Monitoring
- Assist in ERP system (AX) implementation
- Update accounting procedure and control document
- Special Projects
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Experience with full cycle accounting process and monthly closing including AP,AR,GL, bank reconciliation, account reconciliations
- Working knowledge of current GAAP & IFRS Accounting Principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, AX Dynamics) experience with ERP implementation-preferred
- Full charge accounting and financial reporting preferred
- Experience with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations
- Some cost accounting experience-preferred
- Experience with creating accounting manuals and procedures-preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong, well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver and positive attitude
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- This position has no supervisory Responsibility.
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax.
- Long periods of sitting continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 hours total in a day
- Frequent use of hands (mouse, keyboard, writing) continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 hours total in a day
- Frequent viewing of computer screen continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 hours total in a day
Position type and expected hours of work
- Limited travel may be required to attend conferences, training, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice to support company requirements.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.