Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Department: Finance and Accounting
Status: Non Exempt (Part-time)
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The Administrative Assistant position is located in Mountain View, CA. This position is part-time (30 hours/week) and benefits eligible. The Administrative Assistant will provide timely and accurate administrative support to various departments, managers and employees to help ensure efficient operation of the office. The successful Administrative Assistant will be a team player and provide support that includes a variety of tasks related to organization and will effectively communicate verbally and in writing via telephone, in person and email.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, record keeping, typing, copying, binding, scanning, mailing, etc.
- Prepare and distribute company announcements, memos, letters, emails etc.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Answer phone calls and emails under the company’s general accounts and forward to/communicate with applicable department
- Maintain professional office environment by assisting 5S program: "Sort", "Set In order", "Shine", "Standardize" and "Sustain
- Plan and coordinate company events and meetings.
- Assist company’s exhibit preparation.
- Order and organize supplies and materials such as office supplies and marketing materials and maintain inventories as requested.
- Assist processing documents under the company’s document control system.
- Assist searching information online, as requested.
- Book travel arrangements
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Greet, assist and provide general support to visitors
- Take meeting minutes, as requested
- Support general administrative tasks on behalf of various department as requested
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Proven administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures
- Strong Organizational skills, follow-up, ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Effective reporting skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of prior administrative experience
- Professional office environment
- Work environment is international and racially diversified.
- Long periods of sitting continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 plus hours l in a day
- Frequent use of hands (mouse, keyboard, writing) continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 plus hours in a day
- Frequent viewing of computer screen continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8.0 plus hours total in a day
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax.
Position type and expected hours of work
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice to support company requirements.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.