Title: Northeast Regional Lab Sales Manager
Reports to: Head of Sales
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The Laboratory Sales Manager is responsible for all sales processes in designated territory including but not limited to Lead generation; increasing sales from existing accounts; and establishing and maintaining relationships with distributors in assigned region. Extensive travel is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales objectives
- Promote the company’s products: mainly (but not limited to) allergy blood testing used in the CLIA certified lab (>moderate complexity) ranging from POL to commercial reference labs.
- Follow all company compliance policies and procedures.
- Service existing accounts.
- Work with other territory managers to support achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual goals.
- Submit all reports and time-off requests in a timely manner.
- Extensive travel, as necessary, to include attending all designated US trade shows, along with other regional representation.
- Other duties assigned.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Basic understanding of the selling process of IVD products.
- Proven success in establishing and executing plans, meeting or exceeding goals and ability to establish professional relationships.
- Strong sales presentation skills, follow-up and closing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Ability to manage, analyze, summarize and report the status of the Market and Sales Data in a timely manner.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 60-65% of the time
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional work experiences relating to the IVD products to the CLIA certified laboratory (>moderate complex).
- BA/BS preferred
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 35-40% home office work
- 60-65% travel/outside sales in the following Territory: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Ability to travel, including weekends, if necessary to achieve objectives.
- Long periods of sitting and standing, using telephone, computer keyboard/mouse, viewing monitor up to 3 hours at a time and up to 8 plus hours total in a day.
- Attendance at designated trade shows and Assembly of booths required, corporate meetings are mandatory.
- Ability to travel (approximately 60-65% )
Position type and expected hours of work
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice to support company requirements.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.