Title: Manufacturing Engineer Technician/Service Engineer
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineer / Supervisor
Department: Manufacturing Engineering/R&D
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The Manufacturing Engineer Technician/Service Engineer position is located in Mountain View, CA. This position will use current Good Manufacturing Practices to perform a variety of preventative maintenance activities as defined per Controlled Documents, Diagnose and repair instrumentation and provide facilities support. Work is generally performed in a manufacturing environment.
The Manufacturing Engineer Technician/Service Engineer is responsible for maintaining a clean work environment; to comply with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. This position will receive general instructions for routine work and may be exposed to hazardous chemicals and loud noises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install HCD instrumentation. Off site and onsite
- Diagnose and repair of HCD instrumentation. Off site and onsite
- Support maintenance of stand-by generator and security system
- Respond in a timely manner to manufacturing needs. Repair, maintain, operate, and troubleshoot production and test equipment.
- Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures for the maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Support preventative maintenance program for manufacturing equipment and ensure preventative maintenance is kept on schedule and documented. Perform preventative maintenance of HCD instrumentation. Off site and onsite
- Provide facilities support by problem evaluation and corrective action
- Assist in design of prototype machinery, including assisting in the validation of equipment and tools in manufacturing
- Maintain inventory of supplies and spare parts
- Train manufacturing personnel to operate equipment
- Be on the contact list for the security company in an emergency
- Support projects, as necessary
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Working knowledge of cGMP requirements
- Ability to perform installation of HCD instrumentation. Off site and on site
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance of HCD instrumentation. Off site and on site
- Ability to perform diagnosis and repair of HCD instrumentation. Off site and on site
- Ability to travel (Domestically and Internationally)
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Working knowledge and experience with PC and MS applications
- Basic reading, writing, arithmetic (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing), and critical-thinking skills
- Detail oriented, with good mechanical skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required, college preferred
- 2 years experience in a cGMP Manufacturing environment of the biotech or pharmaceutical industries or equivalent (preferred)
- Manufacturing environment
- Loud noises (occasional)
- Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Travel to customer sites
- Frequently lift up to 15 pounds
- Frequent use of hands (for up to 3 hours at a time and up to 8 hours total in a day)
- Long periods of standing (continuously for up to 3 hours at a time and up to 8 hours total in a day)
- Ability to move and lift up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Must wear protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, laboratory coats, hairnets, hard hats, face shields and any relevant equipment as required
Position type and expected hours of work
- Must be able to work flexible schedules (including nights, weekends, overtime) as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.