Title: Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
Conducted remotely and reporting directly to the Mountain View, CA, headquarters, the Social Media Specialist is self-motivated, resourceful, and committed to support all corporate messaging through several Social Media platforms. Assists and supports the Marketing team and performs a variety of tasks and requests under remote supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, optimize, and maintain each of the company’s social media platforms to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and relays the Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics Inc. corporate message
- Propose and execute social media strategy through competitive research, social media platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community as well as the Hitachi social media policy
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (R&D, Business Development, Sales, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Provide monthly activity report for each Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics Inc. active social media platform
- Attend onsite meeting as requested
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English (written/verbal)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations (Preferred)
- Experience in customer service and strong organizational skills required
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Remote office Environment
- Prolonged viewing of Computer Screen, frequent use of mouse and keyboard (continuously for up to two (2) hours at a time and up to eight (8) hours total in a day
- Sitting for long periods of time (continuously for up to two (2) hours at a time and up to eight (8) hours total in a day)
Position type and expected hours of work
- Part Time
- >20 hours per week.
- Possible Travel (less than 10%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.