Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager / CFO
Department: Finance and Administration
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The Senior Accountant position is located in Mountain View, CA. This position will perform Finance (including cost accounting, financial planning) activities following all regulatory, finance & accounting guidelines and prepare reporting materials, documents to management with the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for management support and handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform cost accounting and financial planning processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze actual costs and prepare monthly reports comparing actual to forecasted production cost
- Prepare timely cost variance reports and take appropriate actions as needed
- Manage cost accounting aspects of the cycle count and participate in annual physical inventory count
- Prepare annual closing process
- Work with the manager in the monthly accounting closing process – prepare, enter journal entry, review the work of accounting staff, balance sheet reconciliation and analysis of accounts.
- Monthly Business Performance Reporting
- Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reporting Package
- Budgets or forecasts
- Fixed Asset Control
- Assist in preparation of audit/tax PBC, provide data and answer inquiries
- Assist in implementations, maintenance and adherence to internal control
- Self-starter, team player and able to meet tight deadlines, prioritizes appropriately and is flexible
- Ad hoc duties and other activities from headquarters as assigned by Manager/CFO
- Provide support to accounting staff: duties to include cost, inventory and actual vs budget expenses monitoring, etc.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Experience & knowledge of full cycle accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Experience & understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of current GAAP & IFRS Accounting Principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong, well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver and positive attitude
- Cost accounting experience
- Experience with creating accounting manuals and procedures – preferred
- Reading & Writing Japanese language skill – preferred (not required)
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in full cycle accounting (including 2-3 years of cost accounting experience)
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Professional Office Environment
- Work environment is international and racially diversified.
- Long periods of sitting continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 plus hours in a day
- Frequent use of hands (mouse, keyboard, writing) continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 plus hours in a day
- Frequent viewing of computer screen continuously up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 plus hours total in a day
Position type and expected hours of work
- Up to 10% (May travel to Japan, Conferences and other Hitachi Locations)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.