Title: Process Engineering Associate II
Reports to: Director of Operations
Department: Process Engineering
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The Process Engineering Associate II is located in Mountain View, CA and is primarily responsible for performing a variety of research/laboratory studies. Some of the studies will support process improvements for our product’s manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for independent research and development in collaboration with others for products and projects.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and document findings in research notebooks.
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to projects.
- Prepare reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Perform laboratory techniques such as SDS_PAGE, Western Blotting, ELISA, Protein determination, Protein purification, reagent formulation, instrument calibration, HPLC.
- Maintain familiarity with Validation Protocols, Procedures, Design Control, ISO and cGMP regulations.
- Conduct literature searches (on-line and library) and summarize findings.
- Participate on cross-functional teams/projects
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Computer skills – (Microsoft: Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc.)
- Proficiency with biochemical, chemical and laboratory techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Data analysis and report writing capabilities.
- Proficient use of common/basic laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience in assay development
Education and Experience
- MS degree and minimum 1 years of experience
- Or BS degree or equivalent and 3 years of experience
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Professional Office Environment
- Laboratory Environment
- Potential exposure to chemical/hazardous materials and bio-hazardous waste
- Potential Exposure to a cold room (2-8°C) environment for up to 20 minutes at a time
- Must wear protective equipment such as safety glasses, lab coats, hairnets, hard hats, face shields and any relevant equipment deemed as necessary.
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent sitting and standing. (for up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 hours total in a day)
- Ability to visually detect close and distant objects along with ability to see very small print.
- Frequent viewing of computer screen and use of mouse and keyboard. (for up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 hours total in a day)
Position type and expected hours of work
- Full time regular – some weekend and extended work day hours as needed
- Domestic & international (Occasionally, as needed)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.