Title: Buyer I
Reports to: Director of Operations
Department: Manufacturing Operations
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The position of Buyer I is responsible for ordering non-inventory items and services, maintaining inventories, expediting delivery of goods to users; administering purchase orders and requisitions; Negotiating with Suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Order non-inventory items and services.
- Expedite delivery of goods to users.
- Review requisitions for completeness, signature, department and account numbers.
- Order, enter, distribute, expedite and track purchase orders.
- Negotiate, solicit quotes and obtain information from suppliers for best price, quality and on-time delivery.
- Review material requisitions, obtain authorization and place orders.
- Maintain purchasing data, supplier information and contact files in AX Dynamics.
- Complete supplier performance evaluations for assigned parts or services
- Other duties, as assigned.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, diameter and volume.
- Ability to convert to and from metric measurements.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word for Windows.
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) and within a team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year related experience.
- APICS and/or NAPM certification or courses are desirable.
- Proficient with ERP Systems for Purchasing a plus;
- Working experience with AX Dynamics a plus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Professional office environment
- Must wear protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, laboratory coats, hairnets, hard hats, face shields and any relevant equipment deemed as necessary in designated areas (occasionally).
- Long periods of sitting, use of hands, viewing computer, use of keyboard/mouse (continuously for up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8 plus hours total in a day)
- Occasionally lift and/or move 20 lbs or more
Position type and expected hours of work
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.