Title: Laboratory Sales Specialist
Reports to: Head of Sales
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The laboratory Sales Manager is responsible for all sales’ processes including but not limited to
- Lead generation
- Increased sales from existing accounts
- AR management
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with distributors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain and grow national account laboratories.
- Achieve sales objectives.
- Promote the company’s products which is mainly (but not limited to) allergy blood testing used in CLIA certified labs (>moderate complexity).
- Follow compliance and company procedures/rules.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Basic understanding on the selling process of IVD products.
- Understanding the business models of reference laboratories.
- Capability to manage, analyze, summarize and report the following points in a timely manner.
- Market conditions
- Sales data / progress
Education and Experience
- A Minimum of 3 years professional work experiences relating to the IVD instruments to the CLIA certified laboratory (>moderate complex).
- BA/BS (preferred)
- 35-40% home office work
- 60-65% travel/outside sales throughout the U.S.
- Ability to travel, including weekends, if necessary to achieve objectives.
- Long periods of sitting and standing, using telephone, computer keyboard/mouse, viewing monitor up to 3 hours at a time and up to 8 plus hours total in a day.
- Attendance at designated trade shows and Assembly of booths required, corporate meetings are mandatory.
- Ability to travel (approximately 60-65%)
Position type and expected hours of work
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice to support company requirements.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.