Title: Northeastern Regional Sales Manager
Reports to: US National Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The Northeastern Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sale of the Company’s products in assigned region; developing and maintaining strong relationships with distributors and reference laboratories along with developing and following up on sales leads and providing ongoing support to product distribution channel. Extensive travel is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strong long-term relationships with distributors in the region to increase sustainable sales.
- Work with other territory managers to support achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual goals.
- Manage sales leads database and respond to all sales leads with appropriate product and pricing information.
- Develop strong relationships with reference laboratories to increase sales.
- Travel with distributors to meet new customers.
- Service existing accounts.
- Submit call reports, monthly reports, expense reports, and time-off reports on a timely basis.
- Extensive travel to include attending all designated US trade shows, along with other regional
- Other duties assigned.
- Strong sales presentation skills, follow-up and closing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Solid interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Ability to professionally interface with HCD customers, including distributors and medical
personnel, acting as a consultant/educator of medical services
- Ability to travel 60-65% of the time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Education and Experience
- BA/BS preferred with studies in Sales/Marketing or business.
- Minimum of five (5) years strong sales experience, preferably in healthcare with concentration in diagnostic sales and strong working knowledge of distributor sales.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 35-40% home office work
- 60-65% travel/outside sales in the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Extensive travel throughout the region with a significant amount of hands-on selling and cold-calling to distributors.
- Attendance at designated trade shows and corporate meetings is mandatory.
Position type and expected hours of work
60-65% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.