Title: Shipping/Receiving Associate II
Reports to: Operations Manager
Department: Manufacturing Operations
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
The Shipping/Receiving Associate II is located in Mountain View, CA and will assume a variety of duties involved in receiving goods from outside sources, preparing outgoing shipments, coordinating work in the warehouse and providing back up to other Warehouse Associates. The position requires familiarity with the application of shipping labels, determining weights, measurements, and counts, and being aware of safety considerations. This role requires the ability to lift heavy items.
This position offers the following benefit options: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life and AD&D Insurance and many others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within ERP System, Freight Forwarders and Customer Service to finalize shipping details.
- Maintain Shipping/Receiving records and inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Compare identifying information, count, weigh, or measure items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Determine method of shipment and specifications, affix appropriate shipping labels, stamps or stencils on a variety of containers, post weights and shipping charges and affix correct shipping cost.
- Examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Route items to departments in timely manner.
- Follow SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) as needed.
- Operate forklift or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Provide back-up support to warehouse.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Ability to communicate and understand (verbal and written) in English.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Effective computer skills and working knowledge of ERP system, FedEx and UPS Shipping.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow instructions.
- Ability to open bales, crates and other containers.
- Ability to drive a forklift (preferred).
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of international shipping requirements (preferred)
- High school diploma (preferred)
- 2 years of related experience and/or equivalent training (preferred)
- APICS knowledge and/or completion of at least four (4) APICS courses (preferred)
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Warehouse Environment.
- Work outdoors on occasion.
- May be cold or hot due to outside weather temperatures
- Noise level is moderate to loud
- Potential exposure to human blood serum, ozone and hazardous chemicals
- Exposure to refrigerated areas for up to 20 minutes at a time
- Must wear protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, laboratory coats, hairnets, hard hats, face shields and any relevant equipment deemed, as necessary.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds
- Long periods of standing and sitting (continuously for up to two (2) hours at a time and up to eight (8) hours total in a day)
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Position type and expected hours of work
- Full Time
- Must be able to work flexible schedules (including nights, weekends, overtime) as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.