Title: Sales Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Head of Sales
General Summary/Objective (Purpose of position)
Located in Mountain View, CA, the Sales Administrative Assistant is self-motivated, resourceful, and committed to support all Sales related activities; Monitors sales orders; Maintains customer information sales file; administrative tasks such as coordinating meetings and office communications; Assists and supports the Sales management team and Marketing department, as needed; Performs a variety of tasks under general supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain customer profiles on the US sales strategy file.
- Support U.S. field sales team by providing promotional marketing materials upon request, as well as supporting coordination of tradeshow activities, (i.e. booth shipment, hotel, etc.).
- Maintain two-way communication with Purchasing, Manufacturing, QA and Accounting regarding current status of unfilled orders.
- Track and support customer Sales activities by working with Sales Managers, distributor representatives, accounting, purchasing, and other departments.
- Fulfill requests for literature and other sales and marketing materials in support of HCD’s global sales and distribution network.
- Maintain Sales & Marketing collateral inventory, including physical organization and environmental upkeep of inventory materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position)
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop long-term relationships, track mission-critical information and effectively follow-up to conclusion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience in customer service and strong organizational skills required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Office Environment
- Possible travel to trade shows
- Prolonged viewing of Computer Screen, frequent use of mouse and keyboard (continuously for up to two (2) hours at a time and up to eight (8) hours total in a day
- Sitting for long periods of time (continuously for up to two (2) hours at a time and up to eight (8) hours total in a day)
- Trade show attendance may be required: Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., Standing for long periods of time (continuously for up to two (2) hours at a time and up to eight (8) hours total in a day) and Assembly of booths
Position type and expected hours of work
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
Possible Travel (less than 10%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.